Sunday, January 10, 2010

Edited


I plan on emulating Ansel Adams. His photography is mostly of Trees, mountains, and of nature in general. I like the way that Ansel's photos show nature in it natural artistic way. Ansel Adams works by using all natural light and by using exact exposure. His photos are not photoshopped and are all in black and white. The photo of Ansel Adam's that i am going to emulate is, Half dome in winter. The picture i will be taking is one of Mont Tremblant, the ski resort in Canada. I am going to take it during the day with as much light as possible. I want to have the view of the lake to the village leading to the mountain it's self. I want to emulate Ansel Adam's photo of Half dome in winter. I like how the bright white color of the snow brightens the photo while the dark color of the water breaks up the bright white snow. I would like to do the same with my photo to have the darker water break up the white snow of the Ski mountain. I would like to emulates Ansel's style of black and white photography of nature. I want to capture the natural style and design of nature and its greatness. I am going to keep the editing of the photo limited, so the original picture will not be changed drastically. I also would like to take the picture when it is snowing so instead of having the picture crystal clear the snow will blur the image slightly. When i take this picture i hope to catch a skier on the mountain. It will also make the picture different from Ansel Adams photos because Ansel Adams does not have people in his photos it is mainly nature or inanimate objects. I also will be using a tripod to reduce the shaking of the camera if it is on a cloudy day. When i take the photo and if it is snowing i will cover my camera in a large plastic bag (ziplock) so it will not be damaged.I hope that the project will reflect on Ansel Adams pictures that come to life when you look at them. Hopefully my emulation project of Ansel Adam's will go well.

1 comment:

  1. Nick, I really like that you are adding snow to this image. As we discussed in class, be sure to protect your camera with large ziplock bag or an umbrella. Do you have a back-up plan if it does not snow?

    ReplyDelete